Monday, November 10, 2014

Two Things that Inspire


I love sunsets. 

There's something about the sun settling down on the western skyline that brings joy to my heart. Whether it's the gorgeous shades of yellow, orange, and red spray painted over the blue-purple sky, or the silhouettes of the trees in the foreground. 

Sunsets are breathtakingly inspiring. 

You know what else is inspiring? A group of people who band together to make changes in their lives and are encouraging each other on their journey together!

Last week I started a journey as part of a group called Faithful Finish Lines. It has been such a joy to be on this journey with these brave, inspirational women. We're all at different stages in our journey, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that we're doing it together!

I'm also a part of a Facebook holiday challenge group. The goal is to get up and move for 30 minutes each day. I suck at exercise, but it's been so inspiring to see each person post every day when they've got their 30 minutes in. Plus they're cheering each other on! 

These two groups of people amaze me.  We are all different. All in different stages of life, faith, and fitness. But we're putting that all aside to be each other's biggest cheerleaders. 

That, my friends, is inspiring. 😊

What inspires you? 

Today I'm linking up with the folks at #InspireMeMondays. Click here to read other inspirational posts! It'll make your Monday better, I promise. 😊



7 comments:

Denise Dilley said...

Beautiful picture Denise! Thanks for sharing and being a part of Inspire Me Monday!

Denise Dilley said...

I am inspired by not only our present, but our future hope in Christ!

Denise Dilley said...

Sunsets and sunrises always inspire me! Good for you for moving for 30 minutes a day (which sounds so much nicer than 'exercising', doesn't it?). I'm inspired by family caregivers and their selfless acts of service.

Denise Dilley said...

Yes, moving is way better-sounding than exercise! 😄

I'm also inspired by caregivers! Their patience and selflessness leaves me in awe every time.

Denise Dilley said...

Amen, Heather!

Denise Dilley said...

Thanks, Cindy! I can't believe I'm so blessed to have that view from my front porch every single night!

Denise Dilley said...

Aren't we blessed to have on-line support communities! There is indeed something inspiring about sunsets and your picture is very pretty!