Monday, February 15, 2010

broccoli casserole


My mother-in-law gave me a Paula Deen cookbook a few years ago for Christmas. The past couple of weeks I've been looking through it and trying out a few of the yummy recipes in it. One of my favorites so far has to be the broccoli casserole, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Since I didn't have all the ingredients the recipe asked for, I had to tweek the recipe just a bit. So this is the "tweeked" version, but still just as yummy!

Ingredients:
Bunch of broccoli, chopped
1/2 can of cream of chicken soup
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 stick butter
4-5 crushed Club crackers
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
French's friend onions

Pre-heat oven to 350. Chop the broccoli and steam it for 5 minutes or until tender. In the meantime, saute the onion in the butter. In a small casserole dish, combine the broccoli, sauteed onions, cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese, and crushed crackers. Mix well. Top with the French's friend onions. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: