Wednesday, February 3, 2010

when it rains, it pours

Most of you have probably heard the saying, "when it rains, it pours." This saying pretty much sums up my life this week. First, my mom falls resulting in several broken ribs and a fractured knee. Second, my husband, Josh, gets sick and spends most of the night and morning in the bathroom. It's only Wednesday, and I can either anticipate something else bad happening or hope that it is going to get better.

Either way, I have a choice as to how I'm going to respond to the events in my life. Today, I choose to hope that things will get better by the end of the week. I also choose to praise God despite my circumstances. In all circumstances, I want to respond with praise. Just as Mercy Me sings:

"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain
"

How is your life going today? What has your response been to your circumstances?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Denise we are praying for you! I feel the same way and have been fighting the whole "when it rains it pours" mentatlity for several weeks now. Maybe I should just say, "it's one thing after another".

Thank you for posting this. I needed a little reminder that when all else fails, praise God.