Monday, March 1, 2010

big house

Ok, so today I was listening to the radio and one of my favorite songs from when I was a kid came on the radio - "Big House" by Audio Adrenaline. For those of you who don't know, Audio Adrenaline used to be a pretty popular Christian band, back in the day. :)

When I was a kid, my best friend, Honesty, and I came up with a little dance that went along with this song. To this day, whenever the song comes on the radio I smile and remember that silly little dance. Sometimes, when no one is looking, I even do the dance! (Don't get any bright ideas....I'm NOT going to do the dance for you!)

But more than remembering the dance, I remember my friend and the times we shared together. I think of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Friendships are so important and necessary in life. Friends challenge us, help us to see the world in a different way, and are there for us when things fall apart. Life was not meant to be done alone; God made us to live life in community, with friends. I, for one, am forever thankful for the friendships God has placed in my life, both now and in the past.

What kind of memories do you and your best friend share?

No comments: