Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Strikes Again


Monday + Head Cold = BAD DAY

After a fantastic weekend at the Justice Conference in Philadelphia, it was hard to go back to work today. Let's face it, I love my job, but I would LOVE IT if God would provide some way or another for me to do outreach stuff 24/7. It's my heart & soul. Until then, I'll carry on and be the best, most kindest receptionist/administrative assistant to the best boss(es) in the world. ;)

Not to mention this pesky little head cold that managed to find me this weekend. (Thank God you can't see me right now. I have tissues jammed in my nose to catch all the snot trying to escape.)

On the bright side, today was a beautiful sunny day outside. I thoroughly enjoyed the bright blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds.

And did I mention what a wonderful weekend I had in Philly? It was jam-packed full of social justice goodness, networking with some new friends and awesome organizations, and getting to know my friend Kelly A LOT better.

Speaking of the conference, there's so much to unpack from what I heard this weekend. There's so much I need to process and wrap my head around, and things I would eventually like to share with you. For today, I want to leave you with this one thought - the theme that ran through the weekend:

Just because we can't fix the world doesn't mean we can't change it. 
-Ken Wystma

P.S. I was on cold meds when I wrote this post, just in case it makes no sense to you. ;)

No comments: