Monday, March 18, 2013

Case of the Mondays

 

Oh, Monday. 

You tried hard to win today. To beat me down and wear me out.

And I was not alone. So many of you felt the same.

It seems we all had a case of the Mondays.

Even so, Monday did NOT win.

Not because it wasn't a truly manic Monday. Trust me, it was. There were moments today where I really felt like I was going to lose my mind. Like I tweeted earlier today, who knew that learning a new phone system could throw a whole office into a tizzy? After losing the third or fourth call while trying make a transfer, I wanted to give up. It would have been so easy. Especially after finding out my mama's blood pressure is high and my nana might have pneumonia.

But I refuse to let these manic Mondays win. I've said it once and I'll say it again - finding the good in the midst of a crappy day is a CHOICE. And there is almost always something good/positive/beautiful that can be found even in the worst of days.

For me, the good was found in the camaraderie between myself and my co-workers as we struggled and learned together. The laughter found in the midst of the craziness. And the thing that made it the best day? Coming home to dinner cooked and ready to eat courtesy of my husband. :)

What do you do when you have a case of the Mondays?

No comments: