Monday, March 11, 2013

Motivational Monday


It's Monday.

And it's raining.

For most, those two make a lousy combination.

For me, it wasn't too bad.

Work was steady, making the day go by quickly.

The weather may be rainy, but it really didn't effect me negatively.

So today has been a pretty decent day. For me.

How has it been for you?

Early this morning a friend tweeted me saying, "I need some Monday motivation." I tweeted her back, encouraging her to think positively and to remember that there's always something beautiful just waiting to be found.

Her tweet got me thinking about motivation. Motivation is one of those things that seem to elude me. I never seem to have it. Yet I long to find motivation.

The motivation to write.

To work out.

To eat healthy.

To serve more.

After thinking about it today, here's my conclusion. If you want motivation, you have to create it. Motivation is similar to turning a manic Monday into a beautiful one. You have to choose it. It doesn't just appear out of thin air. Motivation is simply a choice.



So, today I choose. I choose to create the motivation I need to do the things I want to do.

I choose to create the motivation I need to write. To work out. To eat healthy. To serve more.

And I encourage you to do the same.

Are you lacking motivation? What do you do to find it?



No comments: