Monday, April 8, 2013

Beautiful Things


Oh, Monday.

You could have been a little kinder, gentler.

Then again, I blame Sunday. 

Sunday wasn't very nice to me, so I suppose you were just following in her footsteps.

Nevertheless, I'm choosing to find the beautiful.

One good thing came from yesterday - the remembering of a long-ago promise. An ongoing promise of making something beautiful out of the ashes of life. A promise of hope, of redemption.

Remembering God's promise to me is the only thing that has kept me going today. The only thing that could ignite a spark of hope into an otherwise hopeless situation.

As I remember this promise, I also remember that He makes all things new. He takes what has long-ago been thrown away, set out for trash, burned up, and makes it into something new.

Thank God.

          Thank God He makes beautiful things.

                    Thank God He makes all things new.



What are you thankful for today?








1 comment:

Denise Dilley said...

I am thankful that I have refocused on who God wants me to be and less on who others expect me to be.