Monday, April 15, 2013

Hope Is Not Crazy



Mondays have never been my favorite day. This is no surprise to anyone who reads my blog. But when I woke up this morning, I wanted it to be different. I wanted to appreciate the day, all day long. I wanted to find the beautiful, the good and positive things about my little piece of the world, and share them with you.

But three quarters through the day at work I heard about the tragedy of the Boston marathon. And my heart was deeply saddened. My heart breaks for the families who are grieving the loss of a loved one tonight, and the families of the injured who have such a long journey of healing ahead of them.

My heart is angered at the thought of another senseless tragedy that has taken place. I'm angered by the way folks turn tragedies such as this one into just another point in their political or religious agenda. Even as I type these words, I think to myself, should I even add to the noise?

In spite of today's tragedy, there is still much good and beautiful in the world. Oh, it's harder to see on days like today. But as we wipe away the tears and look around, we'll find it. As we cling to each other and join hands and hearts in prayer, we'll see that even though the world is a broken, messy place, there is still hope.

Will you join me in holding on to hope in the midst of tragedy?

Photo by Laine


2 comments:

Denise Dilley said...

Great thoughts for today, Denise. Broken and messy but not without hope.

Denise Dilley said...

Thanks, Eileen. The words I heard yesterday at church linger today. When we invite God into our mess, hope is there. It might be ugly & uncomfortable, but it ultimately brings is closer to Him.