Monday, September 24, 2012

A Refreshed Soul


Monday has almost gotten away from me.

And that's OK.

Because sometimes a person just needs to refresh their soul.

I know I do.  

Life is busy, overwhelming, and quite often difficult.  

This weekend was full of ups and downs.

Last night especially made me want to get in my car and just drive to get away from it all.

But I didn't run.  I stayed.  I took a chance that today would be better.

Today was good until 4 o clock rolled around and two customers were rude to me.

Then 6 o clock came and today took a turn.

It was time for refresHER.

refresHER is a ladies event put on by two local churches in the community.  It's a time for women of all ages to get away from it all, if even for just a couple of hours, and to engage with other women.  The evening is tailor made for us, from the lovely desserts to the awesome door prizes to the amazing speaker.  

This evening was exactly what my soul needed - to be refreshed - and has wanted for a couple of months now.  My spirit needed to be reminded that God loves me, created me unique, and wants me - all of me.

Every flaw.

Every imperfection.

Every. single. part. of. me.

Even when I don't want Him, He still wants me.

I can't even fathom that.

But it's true.

The truth is refreshing. It fills up the dry parts of my spirit. It quenches the thirsty parts of my soul.

Tonight, my cup runs over.

How was your day?  Where do you go when your soul needs refreshed?







No comments: