Friday, September 28, 2012

Things I Just Don't Understand


Today I'm linking up with Lisa Jo Baker (aka Gypsy Mama) and lots of other folks from around the world for Five Minute Friday.  The rules are simple - set the clock for five minutes and write.  No editing, no backtracking.  Here goes nothing...



Grasp.

There are some things that my mind cannot possibly comprehend.  They are too big, too complex, too crazy for me to understand.

Forgiveness.

Grace.

Mercy.

Love.

The fact that God forgave and continues to forgive my transgressions is far too much for me to understand.

His grace that never ends and His mercy that is new every morning?  Beyond my comprehension.

My Father's unconditional love is unfathomable.

Scripture tells us that there is nothing that will ever separate us from His love.

I can't even begin to grasp that.

Can you?

2 comments:

Denise Dilley said...

I've been trying to grasp the depth of His love for me, and His unending mercy, for a long time. I hope I get to understand it this side of heaven!

Denise Dilley said...

Me too, Barbie! While I hope to understand it, I think my finite mind will never be able to. The depths of my soul may long to grasp His love for me, but the dark, weak parts will not allow me to.