Monday, September 17, 2012

Think on These Things


Monday. Monday. Monday.

24 hours can seem like a really long time on Monday.

Today was a typical Monday.  Got up, went to work, came home, ate dinner, and now it's time to relax.  As I reflect on today, I realize that Mondays are getting somewhat easier.  When my feet hit the floor this morning and I rushed around trying to get to work on time, my thoughts were intent on making today a good day.  My mind was telling me, "you don't feel good. Stay in bed.  Today's going to be a terrible day."  Instead of falling captive to those thoughts, I replaced them with these words, "This is the day the Lord has made. It's going to be a good day."

Taking those thoughts captive wasn't necessarily easy.  But it was necessary.  Choosing to focus on the good sometimes requires making our minds line up with the word of God.

Original Photo by: @Doug88888
Scripture tells us to think on these things - the true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and good.  Meditating on these things keep our minds healthy, focused.  Thinking on these things also helps our perspective shift, especially when life's circumstance try to bog us down.

In light of what Scripture tells us to meditate on, I've been thinking about an email I received from one of my friends today.  Her email was encouraging, uplifting, and affirming.  It alleviated some of my insecurities and assured me that I am in the right place.

Encouraging others is one way to make Mondays better for someone else.  

Meditate on that.

And put it to practice next Monday.

Who knows, it might even make your Monday better.

So how was your day?  What do you think about Scripture telling us to think on certain things?

No comments: