Friday, September 5, 2014

Love Speaks Softly



Today I'm linking up with the #fiveminutefriday community for the first time in FOREVER. I just felt the need to write for a few minutes. To get something out. But as you can see, it wasn't just something I needed to get out...someone was speaking straight to my heart. 

-----

I love you. 

His words come to me in a whisper. Not the loud, booming voice that I want to hear. The one that parts the clouds, calming the storm. 

Love speaks softly. 

His whispered words breathes calmly into my soul. Taking me back to the early days when I was giddy as a school girl with excitement. Longing to spend time with Him. Clinging to His words of truth with abandon. Seeking Him in the early morning and late into the night. 

Daughter, I love you. 

I hear him calling me softly. 

Come to me. Spend time with me in this moment. Let go of everything else and just be. I am here. 

Waiting. 

Loving. 

-----

These words aren't just for me. Maybe you who are reading this simple blog post needs to know how much you're truly loved. Maybe you think all hope is lost and you're not wanted anymore. Perhaps you feel abandoned. The truth is, He calls you daughter. He is waiting, patiently, with arms opened and ready for you to come to Him. He is so excited to spend time with you, enjoying your presence, and loving you!!

Love speaks softly, in a hushed lovers whisper. Take time today to sit in stillness. Quiet everything around you and listen for His still small voice. 

Do you hear Him?

No comments: