Friday, August 13, 2010

meet honesty

Meet Honesty!


L-R:  Josh, Honesty, me

Honesty - yes, that's her real name - and I have been best friends for what seems like forever!!  In reality, we met sometime during our middle school years and have pretty much been friends ever since.  While I don't remember the exact day we met, I have a lifetime of memories with this girl...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  We've been through it all together, even when we've been apart.

One of my favorite memories is actually one I've shared about before on this blog.  As kids we came up with dance movements to the Audio Adrenaline song "Big House."  To this day, every time the song plays on the radio I remember the dance moves and all the silly times we had together.  What makes me smile even more is that Honesty taught her daughters the dance moves, so our legacy of silliness will go on and on for generations to come (well, maybe)!

Another one of my favorite memories with Honesty is this one particular summer at Kings Island.  We were determined to ride every roller coaster in the front car & front seat.  So we'd wait in line for what seemed like an eternity and then finally it was our turn.  Well, that summer we had watched Encino Man with Pauly Shore over and over and over again.  We had every single line of the movie memorized (and probably still do)!  Anyway, we were riding the Vortex or the Beast, and as we were slowly climbing up the long hill to the first drop we'd say to each other, "I'm a stony crusty dude, did you know that?  And I've got a mop on top!"  and laugh like crazy!  (Yeah, we're weirdos....)

Anyway, yesterday Honesty celebrated her 31st birthday!  She and I spent a couple hours together, and during our time together I really had a chance to witness something special...something I've known all along about her.  She truly loves with an unconditional love and walks in forgiveness.  Those are rare qualities to find in friendships today.  Yet Honesty possesses them.  I'm thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful best friend, and today I celebrate her life and friendship.

What memories do you share with your best friend?

No comments: