Tuesday, July 31, 2012

He Will Bandage Our Wounds

Leaf In A Drop
Photo by: audreyjm529

My mom fell over the weekend and broke her arm.  It was a bad break which requires surgery.

Her fall got me thinking about humanity's frailty and strength.  It seems to be a contradiction - humans simultaneously being frail and strong at the same time.  Yet it's true.  We fall.  We sometimes break.  But we almost always find the strength to put the pieces back together.

I saw this demonstrated in my mom this weekend.  When she initially fell, she asked for help.  But when help was offered, she declined in favor of picking herself up off the ground.

Then the lyrics of a Shane & Shane song popped into my head - "He will heal us; He will bandage our wounds."  These words are pulled straight from scripture, from Hosea 6.

How profound.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I think it's up to me to fix myself.  When I fall, most of the time I just pick myself up and keep going.  If I've got a scrape, I put a band-aid on it.  If it's deeper, I might have someone look at it to see if it needs stitches.

But turn to Jesus, my Healer?

Scripture says that He will heal us and bandage our wounds.

So why don't we let Him?

When we fall, He offers to heal us and to bandage our wounds.  He extends His hand to pick us up, dust us off, and cleanse us with His healing balm.  He offers us grace and unconditional love.

I don't know about you, but I want Him to heal my wounds.  I long for Him to wrap up my wounds and to feel His healing balm on my skin.  To know that His grace and love are covering me.  All I have to do is cry out for Him when I've fallen.  That may mean putting aside my stubborn pride and asking for Him to reach out His hand.  But, oh how I need His healing touch!

Who do you turn to for healing when you fall?




No comments: