Monday, July 23, 2012

Friends Simply Make Life Better



Mondays are typically long days, and today was no exception.  After such a great weekend, who wants to go back to work or school or whatever?  As much as I enjoy my job, sometimes I would love to just stay home and sleep in.  Especially because I'm a night owl and sleep does not come until late most days.

No such luck today.

And that's OK.

Because today was a good day.

Today is the day the Lord has made & His mercies were brand new for me this morning.  (Check out Psalm 118:24 & Lamentations 3:23)

Instead of feeling exhausted all day long, I had energy to make it through the day.

I laughed.

I got all my work done.

I even had a good attitude while standing in the line at Kmart for 10 minutes because there were only 3 lines open.

Then this evening I got to spend time with my husband, my best friend, and her two girls.  And that made all the difference in the world.

Friends simply make life better.

Monday may have started out a little bit manic, but it ended up being a whole lot of wonderful.  :)


How was your Monday?  Was there something good about your day that you'd like to share?

No comments: