Monday, October 8, 2012

Does God Know What He's Doing?


Monday has come again.

And with it, chilly temperatures.

My home was quite cold this morning as was the office.  The guy that controls the heat in this office waited two hours to turn the furnace on this morning.  My fingers have just now begun to thaw out.  Thank goodness, as typing with cold, stiff fingers is difficult.

It's afternoon now, and I've already found one good thing about today - heat! :)

There's another good thing about today that I want to share with you.  It's from a devotional called Jesus Calling.  Last night I read the short passage for the day and was reminded why I started the Manic Monday series.  Here's what it says:

Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign over your life. Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances. Trust Me and don't be fearful; thank Me and rest in My sovereignty.  (1 Peter 5:6-7; Psalm 118:24; 1 Thessalonians 5:18)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Mondays suck.

Instead of having a pity party, however, it's time to rejoice!  It's time to find the good, positive things about the day and focus on them, remembering that God knows what He is doing.  Life is hard, but God is present in the difficult times.  He is abundantly present.  If nothing else, be thankful for that.

What are you thankful for on this Manic Monday?

No comments: