Monday, October 29, 2012

Much More


Hello, Monday.

Thanks for living up to your name. You never cease to give me material for my Manic Monday Challenge posts.

Today began with the realization that my furnace was broken. I didn't freak out, didn't lose all hope, or any of that nonsense. I did make a futile wish that God would heal my furnace, but that didn't happen.  

He did much more than that.  He spared my life, my husband's, and the lives of our pets.

Lest you think I'm overreacting, here's the scoop on the furnace.  The repairman looked it over and told my husband we were lucky to be alive.  He said that the wrong fuses were installed with our furnace, and instead of kicking the circuit breakers off it burned the fuses and the electrical wiring. Typically when this happens, it causes a house fire.  And our little single wide trailer would have burned down in no time at all.

Thank God that did not happen!

I'm thankful that God spared our lives.  I'm thankful He chose to keep my home from burning down and for keeping my family safe.  I'm thankful for life, with all the joys and challenges that come with it, and for another chance to breathe life into others.  To hopefully encourage someone else to keep going, to keep fighting when you want to give up, to live despite the suffering and hardships you face.  

My friends, I'm also giving myself this pep talk. Life is hard. My life is hard.

I wonder how I'm going to pay the bills that never seem to end.

I wonder if I'm ever going to have a little girl of my own to love.

I wonder if my husband and I will ever stop fighting and just get along.

I cry, scream, and get mad at God for being far away, quiet, and for never answering my pleas.

Yet I hold on to hope. I hold tight to what I know is true, what is right, what is pure.

Jesus.

He is all of those things, my friends.

And today, He spared my life.

If you need encouragement today, let me know in the comment section. I'd love to let you know you're not alone & to pray with you.



4 comments:

Denise Dilley said...

Stopping by to say hello friend! ;-) Praise God that everyone is safe! He IS GREAT and greatly to be praised! Have a blessed week! :-)

Denise Dilley said...

He is definitely great & greatly to be praised! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Denise Dilley said...

Thanks, Kelly! I'm very thankful that everything turned out okay, too!


That quote is true and oftentimes we fail to see it. I know I do.

Denise Dilley said...

Thank God everything turned out okay. I love that you share your heart. I saw a quote that said "be kind to everyone as everyone has their own battles they are fighting." I think it is so true that we all have those things in our life that are hard. It varies in degree and it varies by person; but regardless we all have battles that we are struggling with, wishes we pray were fullfilled and things we wish would change. As I think about my life, I am learing to embrace the simple things and Let Go and Let God. With my anxiety struggles it is hard sometimes.