Friday, October 10, 2014

Care {Day 10}

Happy Friday ya'll! :)

Today I'm linking up with the Five Minute Friday community where we write for just five minutes with no editing, no worrying about being perfect. Friday has always been one of my most favorite days, and joining this community the past few weeks has made it even better! After reading my post, go check out some of the other writers. They're amazing! :)

If this is your first time stumbling onto my blog -- welcome! Glad to have you. Hope you feel right at home. This post is the 10th in a 31 day series where I'm simply writing. No real agenda other than getting back into the groove of writing as well as disciplining myself to write every. single. day.

Ready? Here ya go...

Sometimes circumstances of life get to be too much for me. I worry about little things, like how I'm going to pay the bills or if my car is going to finally give up and stop running. I worry about big thing, too. Like if my marriage is going to last or if my mom's health is ever going to get better.

I worry, but I shouldn't. I know logically there's nothing I can do about any of the things I worry about. Heck, this isn't even the first time I've written a blog post about worry. You think I'd have learned my lesson by now! 

Unfortunately, I haven't. I still worry. 

But there's hope.

You see, in the midst of my worrying, I realize there is hope.

God knows I am going to worry about the little (and big) things going on in my life.

And He cares.

1 Peter 5:7 tells me to "give all my worries and cares to God, for He cares about you."

God cares about ME.

And you, too.

Not only does He care about me, but He says He will sustain me. (more about this tomorrow as I just ran out of time!)

What are you worrying about today? Give it to God! He cares for you, my friend!

Is there a way I can pray for you today? If so, let me know in the comments!



6 comments:

Denise Dilley said...

My name is Jeanne, and I can be a worrier..... Yes, I worry too. About if my kids will grow up godly. If one of them (or hubby or I) will get sick. About losing loved ones. All those things I really can't control. But, your point of remembering that God cares for me is the best cure for all that ails me worry-wise. He cares even more for my family, for me, than I can imagine. And there is comfort in that truth. Thanks for the reminder!
(Stopping over from FMF—Thanks for stopping by my blog!)

Denise Dilley said...

Nice to be you, Jeanne! Thanks for stopping by. :)


There is much comfort in knowing that He cares even more for our loved ones!

Denise Dilley said...

I have been just writing, and not thinking, for the 31 days challenge, and have been blown away by the response!

Denise Dilley said...

Great post. I'm a worrier too! "Don't worry about today because tomorrow will bring enough worries of its own." I'll pray for you. Please pray for my friend Karen and her family as she is dying of cancer. How can I pray for you?

Denise Dilley said...

Thanks, Tara! Yes, I will definitely pray for Karen and her family. For you, as well.

Please pray for me as my husband and I will be moving soon, and the stress of it all is weighing heavy on both of us.

Denise Dilley said...

Melissa, your posts are wonderful! I'm behind a couple of days on reading them, but I resonate with what you're saying.